How a Clean Office Promotes Productivity
Here are seven ways cleanliness can help facilitate a more productive office environment:
- A Clean Office Helps You Find the Items You Need: Have you ever spent time searching for a file or office supplies? Imagine how much that time adds up over the course of a few months or a year. Now, multiply that by your entire workforce. Having a clean and organized office culture can eliminate hours or even days of time loss.
- A Clean Office Helps People Focus: Are you ever distracted by clutter and uncleanliness? So is your staff. Your people will benefit from creating a culture that reduces clutter.
- A Clean Office Protects Equipment: If you have expensive computer equipment hiding under a pile of papers, how easy is it for someone to accidentally knock it to the floor? That is just one example of what can go wrong with expensive equipment in an unclean or cluttered office.
- A Clean Office Improves Morale: A dirty office makes your staff feel stressed like they are perpetually behind. It can feel as if they do not have time to clean. People are inspired by an office that is clean and orderly. They feel accomplished and ready to tackle your company's projects.
- A Clean Office Establishes Good Habits: Establishing a rhythm cleaning and organizing the office helps develop good habits for your workforce. You may find that it sparks other good habits regarding punctuality, dress, communication, etc.
- A Clean Office Reduces Sick Leave: Having a cleaning routine is vital for reducing the spread of viruses and diseases. Proper sanitation can go a long way toward keeping people from having to miss work due to sickness.
- A Clean Office Improves Employee Retention: A dirty or unkempt office communicates a lack of drive and ambition. Keeping spaces clean can help keep employees from looking elsewhere for work.
Leaders might be surprised at how much the work environment can improve when the office is clean. Here are a few steps to help establish and maintain an orderly and sanitary workplace.
How to Keep Your Office Clean
Knowing how much a clean office can help improve productivity is one thing but keeping it clean is another. Here are a few tips for how to keep the office clean:
- Establish a standard for reducing clutter at people's desks, cubicles, and workspaces. Cleanliness is everyone's responsibility at all times.
- Establish a chart for cleaning common areas such as break rooms and conference rooms. This will help ensure the burden of cleaning these spaces does not fall on one person.
- Establish rules for how long food should sit in a refrigerator. Spoiled food is not something that should remain in your office.
- Establish roles for taking out the trash, sweeping, and other chores if you do not have a custodial staff. Failure to establish responsibilities and roles for cleaning will mean it will be no one's responsibility. Or worse, the burden to clean will fall on the shoulders of one or two people, making them unhappy.
- Establish guidelines for when sick employees should stay home. If people think they cannot miss work, they are not making your office more productive; they are just spreading their germs to others.
We are not out of the woods with the COVID-19 pandemic. Furthermore, we know that as people return to normalcy, influenza, strep throat, and the common cold will be on the rise. You need to protect your employees with a higher level of cleanliness and sanitation. Adding SaniSafe Pro to your cleaning process will make your office significantly safer and more sanitary.
SaniSafe Pro is locally owned and operated right here in Asheville, NC. Our patented Durisan® solution and fogging system demonstrate to your employees and valued customers that you care about their health and security without using harmful chemicals and corrosive products. The Durisan® solution and fogging system kills 99.9% of viruses (including the human Coronavirus), bacteria, fungi, and mold while providing up to 30 days of active protection.
Even though we are returning to normalcy, sicknesses like the common cold, influenza, and strep throat will be back in force. Imagine how much more productive your staff can be if they can miss work less often. SaniSafe Pro is a step in the right direction. Contact us for more information about how we can help.