Whether you utilize the services of a property management company or manage the property yourself using an online marketplace like VRBO or Airbnb, you know how important it is for your place to be clean when tourists arrive.
Cleanliness is not just important for good reviews; it is vital for protecting yourself and your guests.
Here are a few tips for making sure your place is clean, and guests are safe in your vacation rental property.
Develop Checklists for Each Room
As the owner, you must assume guests used every available room in your vacation rental. It is important to make sure you develop checklists for each room.
Your kitchen checklist should include, at a minimum:
- Taking out all garbage and recycling and replacing all liners.
- Running any used dishes through the dishwasher. Check glassware and silverware in draws and cabinets for signs of use.
- Wipe down all counters, tables, chairs, and any surfaces that would be touched by guests.
- Make sure no food is left in the refrigerator and wipe it down.
- Clean all appliances. Make sure there are no crumbs or spills in your toaster, toaster oven, stove, microwave, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Wipe all surfaces with disinfecting solutions. This includes sinks, faucets, towel holders, etc.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect toilets.
- Clean bathtubs and showers.
- Clean shower curtains. These are often forgotten.
- Wash all linens.
- Empty trash and replace liners
- Sweep and mop all floors.
- Wash all bedding.
- Wipe down and dust all surfaces.
- Make sure there is nothing left in drawers and closets.
- Vacuum or sweep and mop floors.
- Wipe ceiling fan blades.
- Disinfect all surfaces.
- Clean all furniture.
- Wipe down all tables.
- Clean all ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Repeat any of the applicable tasks from your other checklists.
Whether you are doing the cleaning yourself or hiring a professional cleaning service, you want to make sure your unit is thoroughly cleaned. Following this checklist is a good start, but there is more to be done if you really want your place to shine and your guests to be safe.
Sanitize Your Space to Prevent Future Sickness
General cleaning goes a long way toward ensuring the best experience for your guests, but adding a sanitation service will add an important additional level of protection against the spread of diseases and viruses. We are not out of the woods yet in regard to COVID-19, and as we return to normalcy, influenza, strep throat, and even the common cold will return in force. Bacteria can live on surfaces and affect your guests, even if your place appears to be spotless.
It is essential to sanitize all surfaces, even the hidden ones in our businesses and homes. SaniSafe Pro provides medical-grade sanitizing services for all vacation rental needs. Our Durisan® three-step process includes disinfecting all areas, which then provides antimicrobial surface protection for up to 30 days. It kills 99% of all germs, bacteria, and viruses that can live on the surfaces of your vacation home.
The average room can be completely sanitized in one minute and keeps on sanitizing for up to 30 days. Because of this, this treatment is recommended every 20-30 days.
For vacation rental properties, you can bring us in after each guest or monthly. Contact SaniSafe Pro for a demonstration for more information about how our product and services can help keep your vocational rental property clean and safe.