Gyms and fitness centers play a pivotal role in our society. They promote health and wellness, providing the space and resources people need to take control of their nutritious and physical fitness. Gyms are a place where people come together in community with one another. Fitness centers provide the space for people to form friendships around common goals and encourage each other to achieve new heights. They are just as important for maintaining mental health as physical fitness.
At this point, gym owners and managers want to do whatever it takes to remain as open as possible. That means facilitating a culture of cleanliness and sanitation. We know being clean is vital for your fitness center. Here are a few tips for ensuring your space is as safe and sanitary as possible.
Creating a Culture of Cleanliness
Keeping your gym clean takes a village. If not an entire village, it at least requires buy-in from all employees and members. Here are a few tips for encouraging a clean culture in your gym:
- Gym Equipment: Set the expectation that each member wipes down any equipment they use with sanitizing solution. That includes machines, free weights, kettlebells, bars, etc.
- Signage: Make sure there is adequate signage directing people to wipe down their equipment. Sanitation promotes health and wellness by helping prevent the spread of dangerous diseases and viruses, so your members will not mind being reminded frequently.
- Lead By Example: It is not solely up to your members to keep your fitness center clean. When employees have downtime, have them lead the sanitation effort by example. Build cleaning into the daily tasks of staff and managers.
- Keep Cleaning Supplies Stocked: Whatever you have settled on as your preferred cleaning solutions and tools, make sure they remain well-stocked. If you run out of supplies, you can be sure most people will not supply their own resources. In addition to keeping your stations well-stocked, consider adding additional cleaning stations throughout your fitness center.
- Make it Easy: Many people are on a tight schedule. They are trying to fit working out into a morning or lunch routine, so they have little time to waste. Make it as easy as possible to clean. Put up plenty of stations with supplies that are easy-to-use.
- Clean Cubbies and Locker Areas: Out-of-sight, out-of-mind is not an option if you want to maintain a clean workout environment. Make sure you thoroughly wipe down cubby areas and clean locker rooms.
- Don Not Forget the Showers: If the locker rooms can be out-of-sight, out-of-mind, then the showers are no exception. Make sure your showers are high on the priority list to be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Offices and Lobby Areas: People sweating and breathing heavily on gym equipment makes those things a cleaning priority; however, office and lobby areas require attention as well. In fact, these spaces may be the first impression for members. If they are not clean, it can set the tone for how people treat the rest of your fitness center. Furthermore, viruses and diseases can still spread in those areas, so they remain a concern to public health.
- Door and Window Glass: While door and window glass is not as much a public health concern, the cleaner your space is when someone enters, the more invested they will be in helping maintain its sanitation.
Bring in the Gym Cleaning and Sanitation Experts
When it comes to cleanliness and sanitation, there is a lot with which gym owners and managers must keep up. Furthermore, it is almost impossible to know if your space is truly sanitized. SaniSafe Pro is the only local company that uses Durisan®. This incredible, organically based, eco-, and completely safe product delivers the industry’s first water-based, broad-spectrum, antimicrobial, germicidal solution. Simply, that means our application of Durisan® will kill virtually all harmful viruses for 20-30 days. This significantly reduces the chance of someone getting sick or experiencing an outbreak at your gym. If you would like to know more about adding SaniSafe Pro to your gym's cleaning regimen, contact our team today. We would be happy to answer all of your questions.